Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Remove windshield from donor car

Old 03-15-2016, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Accent 1999 2D
Default Remove windshield from donor car

Not very straightforward how to remove windshield that rubber molding outside seems to be glued with windshield glue tried pulling it out without luck on donor car.

I used to take windshield out intact with piece of strong wire and awl (to make initial hole for wire) no problem planing to do the same.

On my home car i plan to break windshield in the middle and then take piece by piece out so i have nice intact molding, clear old glue and try to glue it in.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I do all my own work. All, as in I just replaced a transaxle.

I hire out windshields. It's too easy to break the glass IMO, even with the proper tools, unless you do it for a living.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:56 AM

Got to learn it first then i can do it for living, i removed auto glass in the past and its not as easy to break as regular household glass besides i'll get on junk yard for $35 bucks worth try.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 AM

I figured it out how to take out out, no biggie that plastic trim just pulls out its just the car i was looking at has probably 400 miles and it just melted into the frame and was breaking when taking out.

Okay here's the question though every frigging Accent i see on the junk yard has cracked windshield some have same ugly crack going across just like on mine, and another thing i notice is dash also cracked!

To me it looks like the frame is not solid and moves that causes above problems or its just one big coincidence?
Old 05-12-2016, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's easy to break a windshield when doing unrelated stuff in a junkyard and nobody cares about the glass.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:13 PM

Are sedan and coupe uses same exact windshield for 1994-2000 Accent?