Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

RD coupe brake upgrades

Old 03-06-2016, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/hyundai/accent
Default RD coupe brake upgrades

Hi all,

Im new to the group and had a browse through to see plently of turbo convertions which is awesome for my new project BUT before I can get a chance to do that my brakes need attention. Rather than stay standard im interested in upgrading to 5 stud hubs and brakes and wonderd if this has been done before? I have a Local hyundai breakers on hand for donor parts.

If this has already been discused and ive missed the post please send me in the right direction and i will find it and not waste time

Thank all
Old 03-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

JonGTR did a DIY back in '07...

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...brake-upgrade/

If you ask nice, and he still has the pics, maybe he'll re-up them.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:35 AM

Cool, cheers i just had a read and if i stay 4 stud this will help loads.

I was hoping to go 5stud pattern so i could use more up to date hyundai wheels that are available.

Has anyone tried updating to I30 suspension ??
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

In order to do the 5-lug conversion, you'll spend a LOT of time acquiring the parts, plus the money to do so. It's probably not worth it in order to fit factory wheels. You'd be better off buying custom wheels to fit the 4-lug.

The XG300 brake swap is easy and cheap. It was more than enough stopping power. I would lock up the brakes at 80mph easily. I needed wider tires to stop that from happening.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:21 AM

Yeah, maybe i should just do a complete upgrade to RD2 so the discs slide on and not pulling all the hub and bearings apart... Then do the XG30/35 upgrade, The aim is turbo daily racecar, daycare run in the morning and circuit race in the afternoon haha.

Do you know if anyone does a lsd set up for the gearbox?? Like phantom grip or something?
Old 03-14-2016, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I didn't realize you were working with an Accent. The last time I did a research, there were too many variables from all the years in doing brake swaps. You may want to ask some of the more experienced Accent owners about it.

I'm not sure if there's an LSD available for the Accent, but there is for the Beta's trans. Most Accent owners looking for power do the Beta swap, then you'd have tons of options. Not sure you'd want to do that with a daily driver.