Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

How much does it cost to do a beta swap?

Old 02-08-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default How much does it cost to do a beta swap?

Not including the beta engine or transmission, what does it usually cost to do a swap and have everything working well?
Old 02-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Need an axle from the 1.8 auto elantra (i think that is what keeps it from popping like crazy)

Engine mount (right side) others can be modified a bit to work.

???

On the 02 accent you can use the 1.6 ecu to run the 2.0, but it loses a good bit of torque. My XD elantra (not stock) vs a swapped with 1.6 ecm'd 2.0 accent (similar bolt ons) was a dead even match until the rpms climbed a good bit. That was also backed up by a dyno I can't find right now. Seems like it would be a good bit quicker with the right ECM. That would mean doing a few things. The easiest would be to get a donor car and take the ecm and wiring or rewire the connector.. holy crap. What sucks is the plug is the same between them but the pin out is not. Someone made a converter but I never heard any feedback of it actually working. Something wasn't right with the design from what I remember.

So to answer a question with a question; do you want the proper ecm to run the engine or rig the 2.0 with the 1.6? You can also bolt the 2.0 TO the 1.6 with some slight mods. DO NOT RECOMMEND, lol. My friend Ryan grenaded that trans pretty quick. Shot the outputshaft into the bellhousing.