Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Quad Throttle Body

Old 01-16-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default Quad Throttle Body

Looking around online I came across this

http://shop.rpw.com.au/online-store/...gf-detail.html

Company appears to be from Australia so I dont think anyone in the US has bought from them but thats cool there is a company making these kinds of things for us Tib owners.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

RPW was on the leading edge of RD parts development back in the day. It's nice they still sell that but ... you could make more power with a budget turbo setup, for that price plus shipping.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

Budget turbo setup is not that great of an option ! How many horses you can squeeze with this setup ? Also why don't you consider that to run this turbo car you have to spend a lot more than N/A car I'm also very sure that budget turbo vs ITB setup on a track will be very bad thing for the turbo car ! We are not talking about 1/4 mile race , but even at the drag strip it depends on how much boost you are running. I saw some results here for a turbo setup and if my memory serves me well it was in the mid to low 15s. Well lets just say that a lot of NA Tibbs will beat that time no problem No turbo can give you the sound or the throttle response of ITBs
Old 01-20-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Wait, what?
Old 01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 01-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

User blitz may have a slight bias:

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...ics-and-videos

Not that it isn't amazing, but you need to realize where he's coming from when that sort of thing is posted.

If you get 250HP out of a budget turbo setup, you're off to a good start. If you get 200HP out of an ITB setup, you're almost maxed out.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:20 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

How much $$$ you have to spend for this kind of "budget setup" ? I can tell you that my setup is half of that price. I'm not saying that this is the best option, but some people may want to race their cars for example in time attack championships. There are people like me who don't want to boost their cars. I drive my car daily and the ITB setup works for me. If your cars is a weekend toy then OK

You can't tell which is best for everyone.

Thats just my 2 cents you can scratch your head a little more
Old 01-21-2016, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

um..................wut?

You could pick up a complete used EVO VIII set up with intercooler for less than a 1,000 USD. Throw on larger injectors and some way to tune them and your maybe around 1500 total if done right. That 1500 Budget build will smoke ANY N/A set up you can throw at it.. And again, if done right, it will be just as reliable as any N/A set up.

The key is 'Done Right', meaning getting quality parts and a quality tune.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:51 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by blitz
How much $$$ you have to spend for this kind of "budget setup" ? I can tell you that my setup is half of that price. I'm not saying that this is the best option, but some people may want to race their cars for example in time attack championships. There are people like me who don't want to boost their cars. I drive my car daily and the ITB setup works for me. If your cars is a weekend toy then OK

You can't tell which is best for everyone.

Thats just my 2 cents you can scratch your head a little more

Unless I am mistaken your motor was MAP based from the start. US spec motors are MAF so to go ITB requires a MAP conversion or any number of MAF mods.

For the record the linked system is for MAP cars as well, so to utilize it will require a lot more work on top of the 2k price tag. You could easily build a custom plenum and feed it via a 3" Saab MAF. But at that rate getting some bike TBs and fabricating the system is much more economical. For that matter a NACA ducted cold box ported directly to a cone or mushroom filter short ram feeding the MAF directly would be the ideal situation. Relocate the battery and use the excess space for the filter and air feed.