Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Bottle position

Old 01-05-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Bottle position

Is it acceptable to mount my bottle (10lb) transversely behind the passenger seat, as this would appear to be the best way to get it in my car...

I know the installation manual says to mount with the neck facing forwards, and I can see the theory behind this, but is it possible to do the above (obviously maintaining the correct angle on the bottle mount etc...)

Help needed!!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It is always possible to do anything. However when your bottle gets low your nitrous will become sporadic and your engine will suge/bog when the nitrous hits and moves away from the tube.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

By the time it gets low enough to matter, your pressure is below optimum. I don't think you'll have a problem. The important part is having it angled upwards.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

With the bottle front to back, as you accelerate, the nitrous is pushed towards the pickup. Sideways, the nitrous is pushed away from the pickup. If you don't run a bottle heater, JonGTR is correct... probably be low on pressure before it's a major problem. If you do plan on running heater, you'll have good pressure until you're almost out, so I'd definitely only run it front to back.