Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

brake master cylinder brace and 1" upgrade

Old 11-16-2015, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo
Default brake master cylinder brace and 1" upgrade

has anyone made a brace to stop any movement the master cylinder makes when braking? If so did you feel much benefit?

also i read a post on here about fitting a 1" master cylinder as an upgrade, what model is that from and was it a direct fit? I've got a GK master cylinder which is bigger than the std RD unit but the fitting for the servo is different so not really a goer.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Unless you've already got braided steel lines and twin-pot calipers, I'd put this in the "why bother" category of mods. If you can lock up the front wheels, you have enough brakes. If you don't like the feel, it's easier to change the flexible lines or pads, than to figure out (and then implement) how to reinforce the MC.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Coupe F2 Evo

i kinda agree with you, just wasn't sure if it would improve pedal feel rather than out and out braking performance. I know on some cars you can buy an off the shelf kit for bracing the mc's.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

On some cars, the brakes push through the floor, vs. the firewall. On some cars, the brakes are all drums. Hell on some cars they don't have brakes just electric motors run backwards.

Do what makes sense for your car. This mostly doesn't IMO.