Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

2015 GLS 6Speed

Old 10-13-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport
Default 2015 GLS 6Speed

Hey all. First time posting here, and I thought the aftermarket forum community might be a good place to ask.

I've been looking for some aftermarket parts for the 2015 Hyundai Accent GLS 6-Speed I bought a few months ago (after selling my 02 GS hatchback), and have been having trouble finding parts. I understand that it is a relatively new vehicle and it may take time for parts to be designed or fitted, but I was hoping people here might know of some places?

CarID.com tends to have a lot of stuff, but not for the Accent. I'm looking for SRI, Headers/Manifold, and Exhaust System primarily.

If anyone has any ideas or trusted sites, it would be awesome for you to share; additionally if anyone has suggestions on what I should do with the car, suggestions are always appreciated!

Cheers,

Looking forward to being park of the Hyundai Aftermarket Community.

P.S.

I'm a Canadian Poster, so if your sources are from the Great White North that would be even better!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

Welcome!

Sharkracing.com has a header kit for the NC Accent, but I have no idea if it's any good. Aftermarket parts for any Accent are, in my experience, hard to find and expensive. It's sadly just not a very popular car for mods. But if you do find anything post it back here. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There most likely won't be a bolt on exhaust available unless enough enthusiasts get together to make it happen.

SRI will either be really easy or very difficult depending on how they've got the air routing designed. If you post a pic I could give you a little guidance.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 187sks
There most likely won't be a bolt on exhaust available unless enough enthusiasts get together to make it happen.

SRI will either be really easy or very difficult depending on how they've got the air routing designed. If you post a pic I could give you a little guidance.

This is the space I have to work with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20151013_183643.jpg (1.63 MB, 3 views)
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Unless your ECU in inside or attached to the airbox it looks pretty simple to fab something up with a silicone elbow, 90 degree pipe with vacuum connection, and a pod filter.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 187sks
Unless your ECU in inside or attached to the airbox it looks pretty simple to fab something up with a silicone elbow, 90 degree pipe with vacuum connection, and a pod filter.

Perfect, thanks! Any specific materials you'd recommend?

I'd probably have to work some magic and do a bit of welding to make myself an exhaust system eh? I have found pretty much zip in regards to that so far..
Old 10-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Measure your throttle body inlet. There are a lot of elbows available, match the diameter.

Exhaust system will have to be custom.