Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Oregon Shooting

Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Oregon Shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/01/us/ore...ing/index.html

Preliminary information indicates 10 people were killed and more than 20 others injured in a shooting at Oregon's Umpqua Community College on Thursday, said Oregon State Police spokesman Bill Fugate.

Douglas County Commissioner Chris Boice told CNN that the shooter is in custody. It was not immediately clear whether the shooter was injured.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Looks like he was posting on 4chan about it last night. Very unfortunate all the way around.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Aaaannnnnddddd here comes Obama saying we need stricter gun laws.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yup.

I really feel for the victims and the victims' families but I'm sick of how every single time this is used to fuel gun ban propaganda. Most of the time the guns were either obtained illegally or obtained in a way that would be legal short of an all-out ban on guns.

None of that matters because the speeches on how tightening gun laws would have prevented the tragedy are almost always given before the facts are even available on how the guns were obtained.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Almost all of these shooters have one thing in common... mental illness. Wanna get mad? Get mad about that. Why is mental illness not treated like a "real" illness in this country? Have you ever tried to get counseling covered by your insurance company?
Old 10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There's something else they have in common:

https://i.imgur.com/9YQtetk.png
Old 10-02-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^I was just about to post that! All gun-free zones! And jeebus, only one unarmed cop on the campus??? I just heard that Texas lifted the ban on concealed owners carrying on campuses.

I've had a concealed license for several years now, but didn't regularly carry. After a maniac went around shooting cars in my city 2 months ago, I started carrying daily.

I wish ALL citizens would carry.

Obama....I just can't even believe that he said what he did.......f*ck that piece of sh!t.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by JonGTR
All gun-free zones!

That may be true, but guns have zero to do with it. Those were just the tools these nutjobs could get. If every single gun were to vanish tomorrow, you think mass killings would stop? No freakin' way. The solution isn't gun control. I don't say that because "Merica! F*ck Yea!" like many of the right wing nut baggers. I say that because I know the mentally ill who believe violence is the only solution to their problem are going to find a way to harm as many people as possible whether they can get guns or not. We need to stop treating the mentally ill like they're just weak willed people who can't handle their sh*t and start treating them like they're sick.

Right now, a mentally ill person can legally purchase a firearm, but a non-violent felon can't. Tell me how that makes sense.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i8acobra for Congress in 3...2...