Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Nitrous Tib

Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon airram zex direct port nitrous outlet standalone fuel cell obx light weight pulleys obx crank pulley fidanaz cam gear 1.8 set up msd dis 4 fidanza flywheel act 6puck non sprung clutch lowering springs m/t drag radials much more much more to come
Default Nitrous Tib

Has anyone ever ran a direct port injection kit with a 100 shot with stock timing on a BETA?
Old 09-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think a few people have, but they built up their fuel system with a bigger pump from Walboro and injectors. Jaws (an old member) is one who comes to mind that had done it back in the day.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I did a billion years ago. Ran like sh*t. Stock timing does not like more than a 75 shot. You don't need injectors, just a pump and pretty much a standalone to control timing and fuel. You also go through way more nitrous and need larger bottles, more frequent refills. I just went turbo at that point.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Direct port nitrous injection, anodized AN fittings, red wire loom... Not a bad way to spend 10 grand.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon airram zex direct port nitrous outlet standalone fuel cell obx light weight pulleys obx crank pulley fidanaz cam gear 1.8 set up msd dis 4 fidanza flywheel act 6puck non sprung clutch lowering springs m/t drag radials much more much more to come

Originally Posted by JonGTR
I did a billion years ago. Ran like sh*t. Stock timing does not like more than a 75 shot. You don't need injectors, just a pump and pretty much a standalone to control timing and fuel. You also go through way more nitrous and need larger bottles, more frequent refills. I just went turbo at that point.

JonGTR how did you tap your nozzles like that you come from the side? I taped mine from udderneath the manifold about 4in back from the injectors. I do have a standalone was curious about max shot on stock timing. but if I understand right 75shot is good on stock timing and fuel?
Old 09-30-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I would take a couple degrees out for 75, more for over 75. I tapped it using a 1/8npt for the NX piranha nozzles. If I did it again, I would tap on the bottom.

My setup was back around 2002, so it's a little dated.

You'll also need a controller that will pulse the solenoids, otherwise you'll spray too much too soon and spin the wheels through 3rd.

Ugh, I can't stress enough how you should just go turbo rather than spray this much. For under 50hp, nitrous is the cheapest and easiest route to go. But after adding all the crap you'd need for a direct port setup, you'd be better off turbocharging.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 PM

I would take a couple degrees out for 75, more for over 75. I tapped it using a 1/8npt for the NX piranha nozzles. If I did it again, I would tap on the bottom.

My setup was back around 2002, so it's a little dated.

You'll also need a controller that will pulse the solenoids, otherwise you'll spray too much too soon and spin the wheels through 3rd.

Ugh, I can't stress enough how you should just go turbo rather than spray this much. For under 50hp, nitrous is the cheapest and easiest route to go. But after adding all the crap you'd need for a direct port setup, you'd be better off turbocharging.
I spray 75shot zex direct port no issues now on stock timeing with nos inline helper pump 255fuel pump nos progressive controller 2setp colder plugs getting colt to regrind my cams next couple weeks ran 13.6 in 1/4 1.8 build was built for boost but messing with nitrous again ill just have it tuned really going for 150shot maybe more have it tuned see what happens. i have everthing for boost just really want see how far the beta will go with spray
Old 09-30-2015, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

you should just go turbo rather than spray this much. For under 50hp, nitrous is the cheapest and easiest route to go. But after adding all the crap you'd need for a direct port setup, you'd be better off turbocharging.

hint hint subliminal suggestion seriously this is coming from someone who did both.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Stocker
hint hint subliminal suggestion seriously this is coming from someone who did both.
I respect the guys opinion. I to have done nitrous and turbo before made 400whp with turbo owned this car since it was new. I drag the car not a dd are driven on public roads very often. was just wondering if anyone ever ran 100shot on stock timeimg