Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

After owning a double din for 4 months, cant see myself going back to single din

Old 08-26-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default After owning a double din for 4 months, cant see myself going back to single din

Always had single in my cars until the one now and put a double in it. It was pricey but feel its worth it. I now cant see myself going back to a single again ever again.

Its just so much better and easier to read stuff on the double, a lot more visual, better asthetics, can run a backup cam off it, the bigger screen is great for bluetooth calling, and just overall the extra screen real estate is what makes it worth it.

Always had singles and had to squint just to read the screens and just hated scrolling through songs and folders on them.

Anyone else upgrade to a double and cant see them going back to a single.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

As someone who listens to the actual radio on his radio, I have no use for a double DIN head unit. If I had a HU with a USB input and started scrolling on a 1" screen to find albums/songs I'd ragequit and get a double DIN - so I see where you're coming from. The good part is YOU are pleased with your equipment.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:26 AM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I'd kinda like to go from my single Kenwood back to the factory head unit, unfortunately the PO installed the unit so i dont have the original. Then I'd use a Cassette AUX for music, Hate using CD's and Scrolling on aftermarket units. I would really like the Factory Look back, Ya know? The radio on my Kenwood doesn't work, but RARELY do I use the actual Radio anyway, so no big deal.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by Stocker
As someone who listens to the actual radio on his radio, I have no use for a double DIN head unit. If I had a HU with a USB input and started scrolling on a 1" screen to find albums/songs I'd ragequit and get a double DIN - so I see where you're coming from. The good part is YOU are pleased with your equipment.

Meanwhile in Stockers car....

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Double din is amazing. It allows for proper levels of insanity such as my going plan:

PCIe riser.png

2xgtx980ti.png

7inch display.png

Why? Because I can
Old 08-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I have been asked if my Nakamichi CD-45z were the OEM radio. I chuckled and responded in the negative. This radio sounds way better than I expected. I'll replace it if it dies, but otherwise it's going to my next car when this one dies.

ETA: For the uninitiated, this very plain-looking head unit makes up for its lack of laser shark rocket shows on the front with high quality audio output.