Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Kentucky man shoots down drone that hovered over his sunbathing daughters

Old 08-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tibby
Default Kentucky man shoots down drone that hovered over his sunbathing daughters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-mischief.html

http://wtop.com/national/2015/08/man...over-his-yard/

A father has been arrested after shooting down an $1,800 drone that was reportedly hovering over his two sunbathing daughters.

William H. Merideth, 47, from Kentucky was charged with first-degree criminal mischief and first-degree wanton endangerment.

The owner of the drone claims he was only trying to take pictures of a friend's house when Merideth shot at the device, sending it crashing into a field near his yard last weekend.

'Sunday afternoon, the kids – my girls – were out on the back deck, and the neighbors were out in their yard," Merideth told WDRD. 'And they come in and said, "Dad, there’s a drone out here, flying over everybody’s yard."

'I went and got my shotgun and I said, "I'm not going to do anything unless it's directly over my property,"' he added.

At that time, the drone was hovering over the house of a neighbor, Kim VanMater, who has a 16-year-old daughter who likes to lay out by the pool.

VanMeter said: '(The drone) was just hovering above our house and it stayed for a few moments and then my daughter finally waved and it took off.'

His daughter, who called it “weird and creepy,” finally waved at the device, and it flew away.

Meredith said when he came out it was over his neighbor’s house, “10 feet off the ground, looking under their canopy that they’ve got in their back yard,” he said. “I went and got my shotgun and I said, ‘I’m not going to do anything unless it’s directly over my property.’”

Pedos and burglars everywhere are loving this. Fly in and take photos with no repercussions (yet) on private property. If drones were hovering over his daughters sunbathing then I don't see a problem with him shooting it down.

Can't say i blame the guy for shooting it down though.