Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

drive2prime

Old 07-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon
Default drive2prime

Jeremy Clarkson and pals have a new job w Amazon prime. Obviously it's a car show and obviously catering after each show was in the negotiation as well. Can't wait!
Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/clar...-new-car-show/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=7124555031

Clarkson, Hammond And May Have Signed With Amazon Prime For Their New Car Show

While everybody thought (and secretly hoped) that Clarkson, Hammond and May would head to Netflix for their new show, they've just announced that they've signed with Amazon Prime...

It’s official: Clarkson, Hammond and May have signed with Amazon Prime. In an official statement by Amazon today, it was also revealed that the "first season will go into production soon and is scheduled to premiere for Prime members in 2016." Former Top Gear producer, Andy Wilman, will be at the helm once more.

The reaction to the news from fans has been mixed. Some people are happy to know that their favourite show will soon be back with a bang, while other people are outraged that they’ll have to pay for the service.

In a move that will certainly put Amazon Prime on the map, the company has already offered potential customers a 30-day free trial.

There’s no word on the name of the new show, so we’ll have to hold tight for a while longer. Amazon is, however, using the hashtag Drive2Prime which could possibly be a subtle hint…

Netflix or not, it’s great to know that the future of Clarkson, Hammond and May is now secure. We can’t wait for what madness they’ll come up with next.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I just canceled prime too.

Damnit Amazon! We're still not friends, I just like the trio of terror more than I despise prime.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I like them, but not gonna pay extra for it.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

So, it'll probably be called "Drive" I guess. Hope Stig joins them. He'll probably have a different name though (copyright and all that).
Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I don't mind paying for Prime, for $99/yr you get free 2 day shipping, movies, and music plus other stuff.

Taking into account that Netflix now has 3 different types of memberships that range from $95.88 to $143.88 a year, I think Prime is a good deal. I also have Netflix because I like some of their original series and I binge watch some of the shows I don't follow on tv.