Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Rich dentist poaches a lion and ruins his practice

Old 07-28-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Elantra
Default Rich dentist poaches a lion and ruins his practice

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-dentist.html

So, some piece of sh*t dentist in Minnesota has a hobby of going around the globe killing endangered animals. He paid $50,000 to some local hunters in Zimbabwe to help him kill a lion. They lured the famous lion, he shot it with an arrow, and then tracked him for 40 hours before killing it, decapitating it, and stripping the carcass, leaving the meat to rot.

The 2 locals were caught and this piece of sh*t escaped home to america. But, the media got a hold of this picture and his information:

His practice abruptly closed this morning (clients showed up for appointments and were )

His yelp page is f*cked: http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington

Hopefully this sh*t stain goes bankrupt as his practice implodes while he is spending mad cash on lawyers

The piece of sh*t even killed a rhino before all this, and was convicted of poaching a bear in wisconsin.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Old 07-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Maybe some nutjob will "poach" this dude.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I don't get what these people find exiting about killing endangered animals.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by ScoupeLS
I don't get what these people find exiting about killing endangered animals.

They think it's a sport and takes a ton of skill
Old 07-29-2015, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Is it sad Lion was killed? Yes

But for real why get all the permits, pay $55K and then kill an animal illegally? Just doesn't seem to add up. I believe the guy, he probably didn't know, it was up to the guides to tell him yes or no, and they messed up. Once they all found out they panicked.

But suddenly everybody on the internet rally's against the guy without knowing all the facts, because ya know, that's what happens now a days. If everybody on the internet is supposedly pro life, why didn't they rally against it before? When people were paying that much to hunt legally with permits. Because this one is special? That's b*llshit, you can't pick and choose which life is sacred. Just like how the guy is getting death threats, you're so pro life you're gonna threaten to kill the guy or let him die in some horrific way? Wow...
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

First of all with a topic like "Rich dentist..." you're already appealing to the emotional side of the argument. Bad form using the thread title to invoke wealth envy and healthcare guilt. He's no different than any other professional with the hobby of hunting. His out, whether you buy it or not, is that he procured all of the correct legal documents. Let us also remember that the moral issue here is subjective. Morals cannot be subjected to a lab test and vary greatly between people. Also he was brought up from a young age to hunt, so it's been something long instilled in his being.

That said he's already been convicted once of a similar charge in 2008 for a 2006 event in which he killed a bear outside his designated hunting area then lied to federal officials about it. He was fined a measly sum, less than 1/5th the cost of a typical big game hunt, and give a year of probation. In light of this I personally have no doubt that he was aware of baiting of the lion.

In the end it's up to the government of that country, not internet social media, to convict him. In all likelihood he's got enough excuse to get away with the killing.

My only question is, will this still be an outrage tomorrow? If so what will trump it come Friday?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Some of us have always been against "sport" hunting and fishing. This is just allowing us to bring attention to our argument against it. If you're hunting to feed your family or to make a basic living, cool. If you're hunting so you can cut off the head and hang it on the wall, you should be glad I can't buy a permit to stick your head up on my wall.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Some of us have always been against "sport" hunting and fishing. This is just allowing us to bring attention to our argument against it. If you're hunting to feed your family or to make a basic living, cool. If you're hunting so you can cut off the head and hang it on the wall, you should be glad I can't buy a permit to stick your head up on my wall.
Killing animals for sport = bad

Killing humans for revenge = good

K, thanks for today's moral update.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:16 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Just for the sake of argument, this is an interesting counterpoint:

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/...tio-1720901473

tl;dr

Every time one of these big game hunters bags game like this it's because he's forked over tens (& in some cases hundreds) of thousand of dollars for the privilege.

Most of the time a fair chunk of that goes back into animal rejuvenation projects.

This guy is for all intents & purposes a VIP to these people. Despite his violent intent he has donated millions to the cause doing way more good than harm.

Projects like this are the reason we still have any rhino species left on this planet at all.