Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

New bubblewrap is unpoppable

Old 07-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default New bubblewrap is unpoppable

This is a travesty - WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN!!!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/revamped...pop-1435689665

Charlotte N.C.-based Sealed Air is betting iBubble Wrap will appeal to space-conscious online retailers who are driving swift growth in the global packaging business, even as fans are disappointed by the lack of pop. Traditional Bubble Wrap ships in giant, pre-inflated rolls, taking up precious room in delivery trucks and on customers’ warehouse floors. One roll of the new iBubble Wrap uses roughly one-fiftieth as much space before it’s inflated.

qD4sbEu.png
Old 07-06-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

There may not be a God, but there is certainly a devil.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

This stuff ships as flat rolls, hundreds of feet on like 10" diameter roll. The suppliers love it because end users have to purchase an expensive machine to inflate the padding at the time of use. We use it at work. Trust me, it pops. You just have to use two feet instead of two fingers to pop a column-bubble.

I guess it does the job, but I sometimes fear the columns could compress and let one spot get skinny enough to let an impact damage the goods packed with this stuff. I prefer cut sheets of foam personally, but the equivalent quantity of a truckload of foam fits under a counter top with this stuff.