The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

This angers me so much

Old 07-02-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra
Default This angers me so much

TV Land pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' reruns amid Confederate flag controversy

"Dukes of Hazzard" reruns have been pulled from TV Land in the wake of controversy surrounding the Confederate flag — which is famously seen atop a 1969 Dodge Charger known as the General Lee, which is prominently featured on the show.

A representative for the network told TODAY.com, "We can confirm that we removed Dukes of Hazzard from our schedule, but have no further comment."

On June 24, Warner Brothers announced that it would no longer sell products featuring the Confederate flag — including "Dukes of Hazzard" merchandise.

"Warner Bros. Consumer Products has one licensee producing die-cast replicas and vehicle model kits featuring the General Lee with the confederate flag on its roof — as it was seen in the TV series. We have elected to cease the licensing of these product categories," Warner Brothers said in a statement to NBC News.

Actor Ben Jones, who played Cooter Davenport on the show, which ran from 1979 to 1985, defended the use of the flag in a Facebook post last week, calling it "a symbol that represents the indomitable spirit of independence."

His co-star John Schneider told The Hollywood Reporter, "I take exception to those who say that the flag on the General Lee should always be considered a symbol of racism. Is the flag used as such in other applications? Yes, but certainly not on the Dukes."

I grew up watching this show and I have a few model cars of the General Lee. This is total bullshit and even more showing the pussification of America. Anybody who watches the show or looks at the General Lee and says its racist because of the flag needs to be hit in the face with a chair!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Old 07-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Want more proof people are stupid?

In 2000 people rose up, outraged that my state would dare fly the flag of Confederate States of America as it's state flag. Here is the flag that flew from 1956-2001:

Now those of you who know history will remember that this is in fact NOT the flag of the confederacy. Everyone wanted us to believe that it was so badly that it was in fact placed in text books however. That is how deep these lies went to keep the public from rationale. So at this point you have a whole of people dead-set on the idea that this banner was in fact the national flag of the Confederacy. That idea was so ingrained and so despised that a majority of the people stood up and said "enough is enough, get rid of it." So we were handed this:

I am going to assume that most never even looked at it, because the screaming subsided for the most part. For the next 2 years though it became topical in the fact that it was "too plain" or "boring." So in 2003 we were given this steaming pile:

If you don't understand why that's a completely inappropriate response to the original b*tchery, you too need a history lesson.

But people have been sated.

PEOPLE ARE f*cking DUMB

They will and do b*tch about everything. And we have idiots in power willing to do anything to satisfy morons. Frankly, I want to meet the man who designed our flag and buy him a f*cking beer. Troll level 762/10

And what about the flags on this a**holes shirt? Amazon has "banned" them for now, but most places have totally forgotten what sparked the issue and allow these symbols blatant bigotry to exist.

It's all a gross overreaction to a symbol few understand.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

If they're gonna ban one possibly racist (but not really) TV show, they better start banning a whole bunch of shows from the 80's and earlier. Sanford and Son, Good Times, All in the Family, etc...
Old 07-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Well it's easier to ban a specific flag than to ban a specific culture the nutjob belongs to, so let's do the easy thing, shall we?