Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

RD door swap

Old 06-19-2015, 09:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent
Default RD door swap

So I decided to swap out my passenger rd1 door for a mint rd2 one as mine was rotting through. Now I know they are pretty much the same door if not identical but when everything was all said and done, I can't control the window. Granted, I was trying to roll it up from the driver side as the passenger door card isn't on yet. I'm able to adjust the power mirror and thought the plugs were the same going to the chassis but I could be wrong.

I plan to look more into it in the morning with my volt meter but figured I'd ask real quick to see if anyone has ran into this before.

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Lots of people have run into car doors before, but I am guessing not many have done this swap. It's all switches and relays, it can't be THAT hard.

...said the guy who doesn't have to do it.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I swapped my RD2 passenger door and everything works as it should except obviously the door lock which i need to swap from the original door but never bothered doing. I can't remember what year was the donor car but it was the same color. This is definitely a two person job, it's pretty heavy.

I paid $125+tax for it and it was worth every penny. It was a complete door minus the mirror. Definitely cheaper than fixing the dent and respraying the old door.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

So I feel a bit silly.. I hooked up the passenger window switch and voila, I was able to roll it up/down from the driver controls. Didn't know the passenger side had to be plugged in for any controls to work.

Next thing is getting the lock, or handle, swapped over to the new door.