Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

xd 2.0 block

Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Tiburon
Default xd 2.0 block

Hello everyone so am in a bit of stand by right now. I have a spare block from a xd elantra its a 2.0 liter. The block on my 98 shark is no good anymore as its over the limit on specs. The machinist said that he noticed that when compared side by side (block) he noticed that my trans may not fit. This goes to all you guys that have Frankenstein rides and hope I can get an answer soon as I may have to go fish for another block.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The XD Elantra and 98 have the same Beta, unless you have a 1.8 and the XD is a 2.0. Regardless, the transmissions are exactly the same between each other for the most part. There's a couple of small differences, but they should bolt right up to each other perfectly.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 AM

well the xd block came off an auto transmission. My 98 shark is a 98 but thank you for the input. Looks like am going to have to personally stop by the shop and see for myself.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Wait...the XD tranny is an auto and your Tiburon is a manual? If that's the case, then yeah...it wont match up.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I think his mechanic said the xd block won't fit because his rd is manual and the xd was an auto.... That is the lamest bs i have seen in a while. The block is the same regardless of what transmission is attached to it. There are slight differences in the transmissions but the block is basically the same. The ONLY difference that matter is the size of the crank. Up until mid 99 the crank is 41mm and after is 35mm. There is a spacer that you can get to attach the 41mm flywheel to 35mm crank.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Well the crank apparently on my original 98 shark is still in good shape just some new bearings and its good to go so if on the xd the crank changes due to year ill have my original crank put in that block and continue with the project. Thanks guys for the input ill stop by the machine shop this saturday as is my schedule day off for the week.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Opinions vary as to whether or not it is necessary, but the earlier block should have a restrictor in the oil gallery going to the head.

If your mechanic says the transmission won't fit because of the difference between a flywheel and a flexplate, you need a new mechanic ASAP

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...il-restrictor/

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...ost__p__689749