Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Slow Poke Law

Old 05-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Slow Poke Law

http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/tr...FlowFB_CHBrand

New Indiana Law Requires Drivers Not Speeding To Move Over

Republican state Rep. Jud McMillin of Brookville said he sponsored the law to give an incentive to motorists who are driving too slowly in the fast lane to move over

Indiana motorists who obey the speed limit in the left lanes of multi-lane highways soon will be required to move over to allow faster vehicles to pass or risk $500 fines.

A new law signed by Gov. Mike Pence and taking effect July 1 gives speeders the right of way in so-called highway fast lanes.

The law permits police to issue tickets to left lane drivers who fail to budge when they should reasonably know another vehicle is overtaking them.

Republican state Rep. Jud McMillin of Brookville said he sponsored the law to give an incentive to motorists who are driving too slowly in the fast lane to move over.

Other lawmakers say police who observe such situations would more likely ticket the speeders.

This law needs to come to NY!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent

They need that in Florida. The old people here always forget what the speed limit is and drive very slow in the left lane. Good thing I dont have road rage or else I might scream at the top of my lungs for them to get the hell out of the way.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

The way I see it is this, while growing up I've always been told/taught that the left lane is for passing only, and I always get in the right lane when I'm just driving, and not passing. Whether it's a law or just an unwritten rule, I'm not 100% sure. Some places say it's a Law, Jalopnik Article here, but I can't find the exact law. Anyway, I'm happy this is getting the publicity that it is, hopefully they will enforce it.

Like this picture I posted to Facebook about 4-5 years ago.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Texas has sign everywhere. One says "Left lane for passing only". The other says something like "Don't slow Texas down. Left lane for passing only."
Old 05-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's the law here too, although next to never enforced.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

BC has that law, but Alberta hasn't adopted it yet. Can't wait until it does.