Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Turbo setup or airram

Old 05-27-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon RD1 1998
Default Turbo setup or airram

Yep guys, i keep researching about the forced induction for my car. I refuse to sell it even with all the jokes and laughts i get everyday from it, i like my tib and i want it faster. (In spain, that model became famous for the rice modifications on it)

I feel very insecure about the turbo setups due my unexperienced time with that car and mechanical questions.

So the thing is im searching a turbo setup, and maybe an airram for end my NA built (headers, cams, cai, pipe and catback setup)

I saw this post on sale subforum and i really blame myself for didn't replied earlier: https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...ine-turbo-kit/

Something cheap (400$ second hand), reliable and with enought power to go straight to the 200 whp aprox.

I dont know if someone of you, boosted guys, knows about some similar setups. I really want to boost that little shark for get some fun and close some mouths

Old 05-28-2015, 05:18 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Just the tuning software and the price you'll need to pay a tuner will exceed that $400. Airrams will pop up once every couple months for $500+

If your just looking for a little pep in your step might I suggest a shot of nitrous. Has been done on many beta cars and will keep you in your price range. Should be plenty of topics on here about it.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:45 AM

Sorry about my questions, just to know, is there a system that injects nitrous automatically without a button?

And in case of decide of put nitrous on my car how long usually longs a "normal" bottle? Thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2015, 07:27 AM

Jattus kit around 2300 shipped, i really confused about that, so much money for me.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Airrams are so rare, that the second someone has one for sale...it's literally purchased within hours. They go very very fast due to how limited supply there is of them.

And as for nitrous being auto injected, there isnt anything really like that and you wouldnt want something like that even if there was. Having full control of when nitrous hits your engine is something you want 100% full control of yourself or else you risk blowing things up very quickly and easily.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You cannot have the bottle open full time. The nitrous eventually leaks through the lines and solenoids. You can have an automatic bottle openener, but even that takes time to open, so you wouldn't have instant power. And in doing so, you are wasting a lot of nitrous to fill the lines every time. Bottles go empty quick, even the 15lb bottles.