Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Is the stock head gasket fine for nitrous use?

Old 04-16-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon
Default Is the stock head gasket fine for nitrous use?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on an NX wet kit and was wondering if the stock head gasket is perfectly fine for nitrous use or should it be upgraded to something better? I'm only thinking about using a 65 or 70 shot. I'll upgrade my fuel pump to a Walboro also for extra fuel delivery.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Read up as much as you can. People have sprayed 75-100 shots on the stock motor. You can spray up to a 50 shot before running out of fuel. Then get a 190lph walbro. Spray a 60-75 shot and the clutch will slip. Don't bother spraying in 1st gear. After a 75 shot, tighten the plug gap to .022. Beyond that, just build a turbo kit because you'll get tired of filling the bottle.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

THIS INFO IS ASSUMING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE 1999 TIB IN YOUR PROFILE

BEFORE spraying run a compression test. make sure you got a healthy motor.

gsx fuel pump is a cheap upgrade too that wont require a regulator

run BKR7E-11 ngk spark plugs and if you are heavy with the spray (and you will be...) replace em like every other oil change. they are hella cheap. like....$8 for a set.

get a TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED bottle blanket. youll want one.

and a window switch is really nice to have. same with a remote bottle opener. but not necessary.