Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

People still building their Tibs

Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default People still building their Tibs

How many people are still actively trying to build their tibs either with performance parts or appearance mods? It's has gotten increasingly harder over the years to find new stuff for us RD owners since the car isnt made any more. I wonder how the Koreans are doing with new stuff for their tibs over there.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I'm not sure what parts you could be talking about? In the past, it was difficult for custom parts to be built because we owned imports/hyundais, and the scene was still new in the states. But these days, finding shops to help build parts has become very easy. Think of the rarest part for us. The airam? The sprocket? Both of those can be built by a dozen companies. All you have to do is pick up a phone and show the money. It wouldn't cost much more than purchasing the originals.

I'm sure others know, but I just found out that oem parts are still sold everywhere, including the dealer.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

I'm working on my RD2 and GK. I'm gathering parts to boost my RD and update the look on both cars.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Still going hard with the tib myself. Sooo close to done it hurts my head. Btw both go and show. Turbo'd and bodykit.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep, got big plans for the Tib this year! New EMS and stereo for starters. Might go wild with interior this year as well. Been wanting a different look and feel for the inside of the car.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:06 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

You should try getting parts for an 86 Celica!! lol Seriously though as these cars get older and older and the business case gets less and less aftermarket suppliers will make less and less parts. Its the nature of the beast. The exception to the rule is the Honduh guys. They seem to have an everlasting supply of parts at their disposal. Mainly due to the proliferation of Hondas at car shows as well as drag and road race events. I can count on one hand over the last 10 years I've seen a Hyundai anything at car show or race event and mainly it has been me and Tibbytib..lol
Old 03-04-2015, 08:22 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Mine's coming along slowly. I really need to stop pouring money into my MR2 and finish the Tib this year.... Like I have been saying for 2-3 years now

FYI: there's a FB group just for RD owners that's pretty sweet. They don't stand for the same retardation the GK group is notorious for.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Tibbi...invite them all here! This site has the largest amount of info for RD's in the world! Between all of the HA content, and the RD Tiburon archives, this is a goldmine for them!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Accent

By any chance, what's the name of the group?
Old 03-04-2015, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by Visionz
Tibbi...invite them all here! This site has the largest amount of info for RD's in the world! Between all of the HA content, and the RD Tiburon archives, this is a goldmine for them!
I do on a regular basis

Not that it often yields much, but I do my part to show <3

I need an HA sticker for the Tib BTW. After the system is finished in a couple of weeks and the interior is painted I am going to start frequenting shows again. I have the old RDT logo on the calipers but that info is kinda... dated <_<

I need a sticker dood!

Originally Posted by SpoolinShark
By any chance, what's the name of the group?
The group is: RD Sharks