Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

After Market Stereo Upgrades

Old 02-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport
Default After Market Stereo Upgrades

What up peeps!

Quick question or guidance needed.

I'm not entirely happy with the volume on my 2015 Sonata Sport and would like to increase it without changing out the stock stereo.

Does anyone have any experience with adding an amplifier/additional sound to the stock stereo in these amazing vehicles?

As far as everything else, AWESOME Sauce but the volume turned all the way up is lack luster at best (maybe because I like it LOUD).

Thank you to everyone!

Jen
Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

You'll have to do 1 of 3 things...

1. Get an aftermarket stereo that pumps out more power to the speakers than the factory one, which means you'll lose a bunch of functionality like steering wheel controls, bluetooth, etc.

2. Keep the factory deck, but add an amp. You'll need a 4 channel if you dont want a sub (for bass), and you can connect it to the factory stereo by using a Line Output Converter. You can find cheap ones all over the web, and amps range in prices depending on power, brand, and so on.

3. Keep the factory deck, but buy aftermarket speakers for the front and rear. The stock speakers are probably just paper lightweight ones that cant handle a lot of power or have a low sensitivity. By getting a good set of aftermarket ones, you can get louder and more sensitive ones. Here's a good explanation on what sensitivity means:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...ensitivity.htm

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Kslash2010 (11-13-2019)
Old 02-27-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport

You are amazeballs!! Thanks so much for these suggestions.

Do you have any recommendations for brands of amps/speakers? Back in the day, I used Pioneer everything but that was like "20" years ago (when I was five) :biggrin:

So not really sure of the quality now days...

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will seek out a line output converter today and I'm assuming this will work with all brands? Actually do want to add a sub and amp...

Jen

Originally Posted by Visionz
You'll have to do 1 of 3 things...

1. Get an aftermarket stereo that pumps out more power to the speakers than the factory one, which means you'll lose a bunch of functionality like steering wheel controls, bluetooth, etc.

2. Keep the factory deck, but add an amp. You'll need a 4 channel if you dont want a sub (for bass), and you can connect it to the factory stereo by using a Line Output Converter. You can find cheap ones all over the web, and amps range in prices depending on power, brand, and so on.

3. Keep the factory deck, but buy aftermarket speakers for the front and rear. The stock speakers are probably just paper lightweight ones that cant handle a lot of power or have a low sensitivity. By getting a good set of aftermarket ones, you can get louder and more sensitive ones. Here's a good explanation on what sensitivity means:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...ensitivity.htm

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
carpassenger.jpg (92.0 KB, 1 views)