Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Tablet and SD issues

Old 01-29-2015, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Tablet and SD issues

Hoping someone might have an idea how to resolve an issue I'm having with my Iconia A100 tablet (4.4. Kit Kat). Im using a Samsung Evo 32GB SD card (the best one on the market...better than SanDisk).

I'm using the tablet for my Genesis install and I'm moving a bunch of music videos on it and placing them on the SD card so it doesnt take up internal space. A lot of the vids wont play (standard MP4 format) and they are all vids that are legit (no crappy ripped vids from youtube) from my pro music pool.

When I try to play some of the vids, I get the dreaded "Unable To Play Video" message. If I move the vids to the internal memory, they play fine. I can also play them if they are on my laptop. The SD card is a legit Samsung Class 10 card but I have heard that Kit Kat messes with the way videos and apps play if they are stored on an SD card. I'm using MX Player for an app, and have tried a few other video player apps, all with the same outcome.

Any ideas, or is my best bet to just upgrade Android versions? I'm afraid by upgrading, it'll mess up some of the apps I have on there (Torque, Volume Control, Rotation Control, etc...). So that's why I'm hesitant.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Take no counsel of thy fears. Apps can be redone, and if the OS is screwy and a new one wouldn't be, use the newer one.

...says the guy who wouldn't have to reload all his apps.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I say borrow and try a crappier SD card. Quality does not always equal compatibility.