Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

2001 Tib needs some work.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default 2001 Tib needs some work.

I have a 2001 Tib that needs some work... I'm only asking things that I don't have any idea of and can't find on here no matter how deep I dig.

What are the brake line lengths and screw sizes? I'm replacing them with stainless steel lines.

Any suggestions on a new air intake? The guy who owned it before me bought one that wasn't for the car so he drilled the MAF sensor randomly in. I've also looked around at a few but I wanted to know which one will give the largest HP boost and will fit all the sensors in correctly.

I only have a few smaller things to fix up and change and I was going to make the car light as hell by removing the rear seats, changing the wheels from the steel ones to aluminum rims and get a carbon fiber hood. Also wanted a better body kit because the one I have on is falling apart and just having issues. And a repaint. With all of that said, there are lots of turbos I was looking at on this forum, but I wanted to know...

How much psi can my car handle from a turbo? I was already going to change out the ECM and fuel injectors and such with this transition if I was going over 15 psi and as I understand, you can get around 25 with a lot of changes.

And on top of the psi question, which turbo or turbos are worth looking at for my car? 4 speed automatic, by the way. 2.0L engine.