Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Window Tint Quality

Old 12-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Sonata
Default Window Tint Quality

Quick question regarding after market window tint.

Had both rear door windows and rear glass done by local place.

I had some "bubbles" in the window due to imperfect cleaning or dust in the air at time of application. I went back a week after and they did one of the windows over again. This time much better.

I do still have a few small bubbles remaining on the the other two windows. One has to look close to see them.

Was told that it happens with aftermarket tinting and that 100% bubble free is really difficult to achieve.

Is this an acceptable level or am I being fed a line?
Old 12-21-2014, 08:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

That Is unacceptable. Have them redo every window that has bubbles. If they wont, get your money back and make them remove the tint. Otherwise you will have to pay another shop to remove it.

I've had multiple cars tinted through the years and have never been delivered a car with bubbles.

They are feeding you a line of BS.

Also, I've always used 3m products with good, lasting results. That goes for window tint as well.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If they are using very cheap thin tint that will turn purple over time, then it might be difficult to get it 100% bubble free. But a good high quality tint like 3m that has 5 or 7 year life on it, or even lifetime resistance to fading or turning purple should NEVER have bubbles if it's a legit quality shop. I would go back and complain more and have them redo it.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I've had mine done by a local guy twice. 100% bubble free.

Water bubbles may be there for the first few days, but they go away. Air and particle bubbles do not.