Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

New Elantra

Old 11-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default New Elantra

After my genesis thought it would be funny to shut off in a curve at 75mph, started throwing itself out of first, and trying to break its drivers side glass when I shut the door I thought it might be a good idea to look at something else. I drive way to much over crap roads so I was sort of killing the coupe pretty quick. I went to see a 14 sonata they had on stupid amounts of mark down but it was sold before I could make it to the dealer. Drove the new sonata - hated it. Was about to leave then asked if I could test drive the 173hp Elantra and liked it. Even went with the auto over the manual as I am a bit sick of them in traffic and worrying about someone burning up my clutch every time I am not driving it. That and I sort of liked how this one responds and not much of a diff in gas mileage. So far I really like the little car. It feels very torquey even stepping out of a genesis into it.. it also feels like a hell of a lot more solid car.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

My folks just bought an Elantra GT. It's a pretty nice car and I agree with the throttle response. I'm sure direct injection has a lot to do with that. My in-laws have the new sedan as well. They are getting much better. I tested and seriously considered a Touring from the previous generation, but these feel way more solid. The touring was nice, but it still felt like a Hyundai. The latest generation is really impressive.