Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Project Tetanus, aka: Bon-chan

Old 11-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Project Tetanus, aka: Bon-chan

I'd made a total of ZERO headway on the Tib all summer. Everything is done for him prep-wise, all I am waiting on is the motor an transmission to be complete. But there is so much 1-off fabrication needed it's retard. Since updates on the Tib are going to be so few for a while I figure I'd at least give you something fun to look at in the meantime. This is my 89 (AW11) MR2 that I have appropriately named Bon-chan. You'll note the royal f*ck ton of rust that I am dealing with too. I am in the process of completely stripping the chassis, then it's of to a fabricator to cut out the trunk and get the entire rear section tubed to accommodate the 2UZ that I'm planning for the swap. I also have some bits coming my way for a RHD conversion from an actual JDM model. Why? Why the sh*t not?!

A lot of the original bits and scrap metal I am going sell from this build will help me complete the beta too. I need to have at least two cars working at all times so for now its the wife's Accent and the Tib. Once the swap and rebuild on this are done the Tib can finally go under the knife... er..... wrench, for his boosted heart transplant.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:22 AM

The motor got here last weekend, and as of yesterday I have it mostly stripped. I have 4 other pistons to free and then the block is off to the machinist for hone, deck and dip.

The chassis should be stripped by the new year and in Jan or Feb off for tubing and fabrication.

The Tib's motor is not far behind either, so with money I'm going to collect from selling bits from this car I'm going to invest in finish both motors bottoms.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

"Invest" may be a strong word, but it does sound like fun
Old 12-10-2014, 10:06 AM

I never said it was a wise investment.

But I'm going to blow a ton of money on these 2 motors. So it's an investment, just no financial gain.

Whats the default excuse? "Smiles per hour?" We'll go with that.