Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

So, It pains me to say this.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default So, It pains me to say this.

Well, this passed weekend I found myself in Montreal. Now for quite some time I have expressed my distaste for Canada and the Canadian customs but I must now admit I was wrong.

There.

I said it.

Canada is a great country filled with great people. My only former experience with Canada was in Winnipeg which is filled with hosers and Canadian rednecks who drink nothing but Canadian whiskey mixed with maple syrup. Don't believe me?

BAM

anyways back to my story. From last friday to this past monday i was in the great city of montreal. AMAZING city. lots of places to visit and some of the best goddam food ive ever eaten.

so the city itself has one strange quirky thing to it. Basically since it gets so f*cking cold, they built a city below the city. Imagine yourself goin down a subway style entrance through a tunnel and finding this massive opening of stores and food places. youll have to trust me on this. its awesome.

Next, the people. I still maintain my extreme distrust of the french. long story. and its true EVERYTHING is in french and EVERYONE speaks it but its cool EVERYONE still speaks english as well so its no biggy. not a single person gave me the cold shoulder for speaking english. heck, everyone still took my US dollars when i ran out of the super cool canadian dollars. of course the USD is worth more so its worth it to them to take it BUT id end up paying a surcharge to exchange it so meh screw it.

which brings up the next thing, their bills has sh*t like ANIMALS, TRAINS, AND SCIENCE ON IT NOT ILLUMINATI AND JESUS!

next up, the night life. what was REALLY f*cking WEIRD to me was MOST places closed at 6 cept the night life places. Want a tshirt? too bad, shouldve got here before 6. BUT want a steak at 3am and a lap dance? well youve came to the right city. I unfortunately didnt visit the strip clubs (by choice, one member of the group didnt want to go and im a firm believer of never leave a friend behind, went to the bar instead) but was told that they are some of the best in the world. those canadians know all about seediness.

oh, and if you are of the r/trees persuasion (google it) apperently it wasnt too hard to find... and I GOT SOME GODDAM CUBAN CIGARS f*ck you embargo. f*ck you in your stupid face. got me a nice romeo y julieta churchill cuban for about $12 USD, lil pricy but what can you do.

then, to wrap up the trip, i went to the Montreal Canadiens vs Philly Flyers hockey game. another thing I was amazingly wrong about. Hockey is awesome. I need to learn more about this hockey stuff. PLUS any country that will sing the national anthem of the USA before a match is a great country as well, and yes, the canadians were singing along with it.

so in closing, Canada you are awesome. Cept Winnepeg, you can keep that. Worth visiting again? yes. Id go back BUT i recommend you bring plenty of money, shits pricey up there.

PS: pas STFU dont let it get to your head.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

You've been brainwashed by lumberjacks. Snap out of it man!

Though hockey is cool. It's a caged death-match on ice wile balancing on blades and wielding a club.

I'm pretty sure someone cool invented it though.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

furreal man. i paid $150 to a scalper for some GOOD tickets the day of show ($250 face value). the fans are what made it awesome. each time they would score they would post up a db reading. at one time it hit 140 dbs...thats loud as f*ck (same as the deck of a aircraft carrier) at the end of the game as the flyers were walking out the mascot walked on to the ice and tossed 6 goals into the net as a final "f*ck you" lol

oh and yes, poutine was available at the hockey game. and yes, it was amazing.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I have visited Montreal several times and have some of my greatest memories from those visits. it's only a 2 1/2 hr drive from here.

The strip clubs up there ARE the best in north America (can't speak for Mexico, but already sounds dirty). The people are awesome. You want some weed? Go stand on that corner. Sure as sh*t 5 mins later...

Hell there was even a parking lot in the middle of the city with an attendant station at the front. I'll be damned if he wasn't selling weed out of it and invited me and my buddies in to smoke with him. Broad day light.

Went to a couple hockey games myself. But I've been into hockey since I was young.

These trips were all between the ages of 17-20, mainly cause their drinking age is 18 and they just flat out don't care if your not 18. Didn't get carded once

I would love to go again, probably wouldn't have nearly as much fun being an adult with responsibilities and a kid on the way. And I'm sure times have changed a little bit over the last 10years
Old 11-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Yes---we canadians know how to party. Glad you enjoyed yourself and yes Winnipeg is the worst.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I don't post here too often anymore now that my Hyundai's are long gone but had to post just to say I told you so! lol. Montreal is by far the best city in Canada for partying. Nightlife is amazing. I visit there every so often and had many a crazy weekends there when I was younger. Hockey is the greatest sport im the world IMO and takes some crazy skill to play well. The crazy fans are for sure a big part of the experience. If you ever go to another game in Montreal try seeing them play either Boston or Toronto. But be warned those games can get out of control on the ice AND in the stands. No joke. lol.

Glad you had a great time. Hope you come back and visit again soon! Canada is an awesome place, we Canadians just wish more Americans could get that message.