Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Not a club I want to be apart of...

Old 11-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Not a club I want to be apart of...

1463968_987160857967573_4585783772401398500_n.jpg

Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I tried to cross the mountains in the Miata on wide summer tires and it started unexpectedly snowing. I turned around and took the 6 hour detour. It was unable to cope with a half inch of powder and a slight uphill.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I drove through Utah during a snowstorm in my Mustang on NT05's. I spun and slid a bunch but never crashed. Not so much as a ding. Why? Because New Englander.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Nothing has ever been truer.

I just wait for everyone to get stuck in a ditch and carry out my normal life. Did it last year, the year before, 2 years prior to that, and every other light dusting that has crippled this city. Last year I had the Nittos this year I'm on R888s. It's a little tricky, but 100% doable in small doses. What kills me is the number of 4wd vehicles that wind up smashed to bits and discarded in a culvert via driver fault. People around here are dumb to extents I've never experienced before.

Though if the wife is home. I'll probably just take the Accent. It's way easier
Old 11-21-2014, 12:03 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

sᴉɥʇ sᴉ ʇɐɥʍ puɐ uɐᴉlɐɹʇsnɐ uɐ ɯ,I
Old 11-21-2014, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The snow isn't what killed atlanta last year. It was lack of government action and the suddenness of the turn for the worse in the weather. Without having the roads prepared ahead of time, it was the same thing as always kills it for people in warm climates. The ice.

snow

|

v

not-frozen ground + wind

=

black ice.

Zero traction even IF anyone had all-weather tires. They didn't get the chemicals and sand out soon enough and everyone was caught off guard in conditions that were literally impassible. Northerners who only ever get snow on freezing-temperature ground can STFU about how the world shuts down at the hint of snow in the south. Not only are there venomous snakes down here, the roads turn into looks-like-roads-drives-like-a-skating-rink every few years.

/rant
Old 11-21-2014, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I hate to start a debate on that, but I drove on many of those roads. Very few were actually icy, and the problems began hours before any ice formed. It problem was partially government because they released every school in every county simultaneously which overloaded the bus system. Normally buses are staggered to pick up children from different schools (elementary, then middle, etc...), however on this occasion it was a mass-exodus paired with panic. While that sh*t storm was taking place they also called a state of emergency and instructed everyone else to vacate jobs or what have you and simultaneously clog the major traffic arteries that feed this city. This was mid afternoon before a single snowflake had even fallen. Now give that about 30 minutes and you have the disaster that occurred. The snow began falling about that time and ice only formed after dark when idiots were already stranded.I drove into work that night without any problem at all save for the few cars stranded in actual lanes of traffic. Most were kind enough to stop in the ditches along the road.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Stocker
Zero traction even IF anyone had all-weather tires. They didn't get the chemicals and sand out soon enough and everyone was caught off guard in conditions that were literally impassible. Northerners who only ever get snow on freezing-temperature ground can STFU about how the world shuts down at the hint of snow in the south. Not only are there venomous snakes down here, the roads turn into looks-like-roads-drives-like-a-skating-rink every few years.

/rant

Well, I live in Vegas now (we have snakes too... some with no legs) and the people here can't drive in snow or even a drizzle.