Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

2013 Sonata GLS Dislodged Rear Bumper

Old 11-10-2014, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Default 2013 Sonata GLS Dislodged Rear Bumper

I’m leasing a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS. The rear passenger side bumper is dislodged. The only reason I can think of as to why this happened is because someone blew a tire in front of me on the highway and I was unable to avoid it so I ran over it. The rear driver’s side bumper is also dislodged, but not as noticeable. I have two questions/concerns.

1. As I said I am leasing it so I am concerned I will be charged for this as “excess wear and tear” Your thoughts? Will I be charged for this or do you think it won’t be noticed during inspection and lease turn in?

2. What needs to be done to fix this and what would it cost? I have already tried pushing it back in and it makes no difference. Could I buy some clear 5 minute epoxy that works with polypropylene and polyethylene plastics and just glue it to the metal part of the car or would this not work?

I have included some images showing the rear passenger side. I haven’t taken any of the rear driver’s side since it is not as noticeable.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (214.4 KB, 0 views)
2.jpg (217.5 KB, 0 views)
3.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
4.jpg (169.3 KB, 0 views)
5.jpg (1.65 MB, 0 views)
6.jpg (1.09 MB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2014, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Hmmmm, any paint damage? Looks like a very, very, gentle nudge up the wazoo. There are usually about four clips/scrivets and ten screws holding a bumper bar on. Try pulling it off and having a look for yourself. Chances are there's a scrivet that has been partially dislodged.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

My genesis did that. Stupid clip things let go a bit. Then it got ran over by a titan and got a new bumper before I really messed with it.