Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Squealing in front end

Old 11-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Jpo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Elantra
Default Squealing in front end

Hoping someone can help me with an ongoing issue with my front end. After about 5-10 minutes of driving I am experiencing a loud squealing noise in the front right corner of the car. The faster I go the faster it squeals. It does go away at times when I am driving straight down the road, but any slight touch to the wheel left or right, but more-so on the left it starts squealing, and it also squeals while going straight as well. The squeal goes away during braking. I have replaced the front pads and rotors in the last year and have had no trouble with them at all. There is about 50-60% left on the pads and no scoring on the rotors. I was told this may be one of many different problems spanning from wheel bearings to ball joints to warped rotors, but I was hoping someone may shed some light or maybe someone has had a similar issue.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Remove the power steering pump belt for a *short* test drive and report back. Note that steering effort will be greatly increased during this drive.