Transmission, Clutches, Shifters Posts regarding Transmissions. Clutches, torque converters, shift kits, Gear ratios, Limited Slip Differentals, etc for your Hyundai

Clutch pedal is easy to push in

Old 10-29-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Clutch pedal is easy to push in

My clutch pedal lately feels like its very easy to push in with no friction. It's an Exedy Stage 1 with a Fidanza flywheel. I have about 40,000 on it. It doesnt slip and still holds well, but up until the other day, it had some friction to it and you could feel the pressure needed to push it in. What does that mean, and what should I have looked at?
Old 10-29-2014, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Try bleeding the clutch out at the slave cylinder and see if you get air and it gets better. You might have a leak somewhere
Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If it is suddenly easier, you may be right on the edge of a failing hydraulic cylinder. The o-rings can wear and wear and wear and then finally just go south in a hurry. Did you do anything to the clutch system recently? Bleeding wouldn't hurt, but it would be a good idea to do it at the same time as you flush the system with clean new fluid - DOT III is cheap!