Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

GOOD WEBSITES

Old 10-01-2014, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default GOOD WEBSITES

I own a 2001 tib. I can never really find a good website to find parts, most of the websites are for tibs 03 and newer. Any recommendations?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The RD series tib (97-01) is at minimum, almost 15 years old now. It will be difficult to find certain things since the car isnt made anymore. But let us know what parts you're looking for and we can guide you in the right direction for them. If you're looking OEM factory parts, then a good site is Rock Auto Parts - http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

For aftermarket stuff, it will depend. You can find a lot of stuff out there, but it will be sporadic between different sites.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Sadly for performance parts you're going to be hard-pressed right now to find many who support the betas. Tibs are old news in the import scene, and RDs are getting rare. I personally have been pretty unimpressed with a lot of the parts I have purchased so for most of my high-end performance parts I am having these goodies fabbed to my custom specifications. It costs significantly more, but in the end I'll have a fast AND reliable car.

However like Visionz said, for your basic maintenance rockauto.com is one of the best resources. They will save you a ton of money and have some of the best customer service. Junk yards and pull-a-parts are also good for some of the stranger things. Especially since the motor was shared across so many vehicles in both Kia and Hyundai.

Now if you're looking for all-show-no-go mods most of the major retailers still carry body kits, hoods, and other miscellaneous things to make your ride "look-fast."
Old 10-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I always buy OEM parts for my 2001 Tiburon from http://www.hyundaioemparts.com

They are cheap and ship fast.