Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

How good are JL Audio's stealth boxes?

Old 09-29-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default How good are JL Audio's stealth boxes?

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...undai-veloster

SB-HY-VELOSTR/10TW3

Hyundai's funky Veloster defies categorization and offers a great combination of style, practicality and clever packaging. The stock audio system, however, is not going to win any awards.

Our Stealthbox® for the Veloster is your best first step towards correcting this audio deficiency. It features a potent JL Audio 10-inch subwoofer housed in a compact, sealed, fiberglass enclosure that fits neatly into the passenger side rear corner of the trunk. The form-fitting design conserves your valuable hatch space while still permitting full access to the spare tire. A clean-looking steel mesh grille protects your investment from loose cargo.

The Hard Data: Contains one 10TW3-D4 subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. 400 watt power handling. Wired for 2 ohm mono. Installs in passenger side of rear cargo area. A steel mesh grille is included.

Price: $650

I like this idea because it still keeps the back functional and you can still use it normally while having some bass. How are the quality of these boxes though and the sub that comes with them?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Is that 400RMS or peak? If it runs an RMS rating of 400 watts, it will hit nice and hard! Otherwise, you're probably looking at an RMS rating of 200w, as the RMS is usually half the peak. For $650, you can get a better setup including amp and install, but you may lose some trunk space.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:18 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

Thanks. I think it's 400 max. I like the idea of these because I dont want to lose trunk space. I wonder if I can find just the box without the sub and put something else in there that will be louder.