Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

In-dash ashtray?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Hyundai Elantra
Default In-dash ashtray?

Is an in-dash ashtray available for the 2012 Elantra? Not the in-console cup holder thing, but a real ashtray?
Old 09-29-2014, 06:21 AM

Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster

You probably would have to fab up some type of universal ashtray to fit, but there most likely wont be anything that will fit like stock. And no offense, but if you are keeping cigarette butts or ashes in your car, then it probably smells horribly. Better to just toss it so the inside doesn't smell really bad.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Going to smell bad either way. I smoked for years tossing, and the whole car just plain smells like an ashtray either way. Do any car companies make an in dash tray anymore? I haven't seen one in quite some time.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I dont think any car makers make in-dash trays anymore. Pretty sure it went the way of the dinosaurs in the past 3-4 years. I used to know someone who kept their ciggs and ashes in their ashtray until it was almost full. Then they would empty it. It smelled so badly, you could barely sit in the car. Other smokers could do it because they were used to the smell. But as a non-smoker, it was probably one of the worst smells you could ever subject yourself to.