Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tiburon Sway Bars Roll Bar

Old 09-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Tiburon Sway Bars Roll Bar

I have recently been looking for a sway bar kit for my 04 I4 Tiburon since 03-04 I4's have the smallest sway bars (other than RD's). However I cant seem to find a decent front rear kit or front individual sway bar just the ultra racing 23mm rear bar (wich would be a healthy upgrade from my 18mm factory. I spoke with the guys from Tuscanicustoms and they told me that Silk Road and NEOTech make sway bar kit and after shipping the price would be around $635 and that seems a tad ridiculous for front and rear sway bars. I am now aware that Progressive, Eibach, and Suspension Techniques no longer produce Tiburon sway bars due to lack of demand. So, I was wondering what are the other OE sway bar sizes for Tiburons and on what sub models. Unless I'm mistaken the GT & SE 05-08's had 23mm front bar which could work well (although I would like 26mm) with the ultra racing rear and reduce oversteer (considering I currently have a 19mm or 20mm not entirely sure). Any constructive input or suggestions would be appreciated. I've also been looking in to universal or custom sway bars.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

My suggestion is to try the 23mm rear bar you can find. I upgraded my Elantra's pinky-sized swaybar with the stock sway bar off Red's* stock tiburon. It balanced my car to be exactly the way I like it. You might be surprised what a little upgrade will do.

*blast from the past. Wow.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by Stocker
My suggestion is to try the 23mm rear bar you can find. I upgraded my Elantra's pinky-sized swaybar with the stock sway bar off Red's* stock tiburon. It balanced my car to be exactly the way I like it. You might be surprised what a little upgrade will do.

Yeah that's probably what I'll end up doing with an Ultra Racing in the rear, but it would still be nice to have the option to go bigger. Some of the sway bar manufactures that I've talked to would be interested if they could do a small production order, but custom sway bars are out of the question. So far.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Originally Posted by Stocker

This. I did it to my 04 Elantra as well. Stock XD sway was 17, and the Tib bar was an upgrade to 19.2. Huge difference!
Old 09-21-2014, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon

I have an Auto 7 sway bar on my car.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I forgot to mention, the rear is no sweat to change. The front is . . . much more involved.