Computers, Gaming, & Technology Here you can talk about anything with circuit boards, or dilithium crystals, or flux capacitors. Show off your technology, computing, and gaming knowledge.

Alternative to a GoPro

Old 09-01-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default Alternative to a GoPro

http://www.amazon.com/Gear-Pro-High-...9612215&sr=1-5

What do you guys think? Looks like it has some good reviews and its much cheaper than a GoPro.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent

A friend of mine has one of them. He loves it but I think he got his for around $40. You might be able to find it cheaper than Amazon but he did a side by side test with his and another persons go pro and the video quality was nearly identical. So if you want to get one I would say do it.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:45 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I personally don't like the go pro. You have to do quite a bit of post production work to get your videos to look anything like what their advertisements show.

You should look at the Sony action came. I have the HDR-AS15 and love it! Built in wifi allows me to view images and live video directly to my phone so I can set up shots before I record. Also, I've never needed any post production. Videos are always smooth and clear with good colors.

Should be able to pick one up now for under 149.