Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

proper size for serp belt

Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default proper size for serp belt

well i figured out today that my serp belt is slippin and it really pisses me off because i just got it about a month ago when my last one shredded so i went and got a new one from pep boys and they must have given me the wrong size... does anyone know the proper size for the factory serp belt?
Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The voices tell me your engine shouldn't have a serpentine belt. What engine do you have, and what belt is slipping? Off the top of my head, the most common slipping belts are power steering (it has to be SUPER tight) and then alternator (if your alternator is locking up).
Old 08-14-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent

Sorry....I meant power steering. Not the serp I dont have an alpha engine. I'm beta 1 swapped. Maybe I should have posted this in the tib forum?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

close enough. I've had a new Goodyear Gatorback belt squeal on my power steering pump. My usual method of tightening involves jamming a breaker bar between the head and the pump to tension the belt while tightening the pump on its bracket. It has to be no-joke tight.