Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Aaaannnndddd another one bites the dust

Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Elantra
Default Aaaannnndddd another one bites the dust

Hyundai Elantra Coupe Gets the Axe

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-gets-axe.html

The Hyundai Elantra coupe is no more.

In revealing its 2015 model year Elantra lineup, Hyundai has given the coupe variant the axe while the sedan and GT hatchback will remain. The Hyundai Elantra coupe first hit the market as a 2013 model year, so its existence has been cut off from the world after a mere two years.

The remaining inventory for the 2014 Elantra coupe will still be sold, though the automaker didn’t clarify as to why the Elantra coupe got the axe. It is likely that sales of the model were below average and Hyundai could be content with having sister brand Kia occupy the compact coupe market.

I knew that was going to happen but thats what the 3rd Hyundai model thats getting axed?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Santa Fe

Doesnt surprise me. I have never seen an elantra coupe on the road. Its always the sedan.