Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

problems after clutch replacement

Old 08-05-2014, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 genesis coupe gg
Default problems after clutch replacement

This past weekend my clutch was replaced in my 06 Tiburon. Since it was replaced my shifter is not sitting where it had been. When you place it in first third or fifth it is where it use to sit when it was in neutral and when you try to put it in second fourth or reverse it is barely catching the gears and sometimes just grinds when you go to let the clutch out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

sounds like your shifter cables/bracket weren't installed correctly, or were adjusted too far out. Check the trans side cables to see if something isn't lined up the way it should.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Sounds like you need to go back to where it was replaced and demand they fix it at no additional cost. Unless it was replaced in your home shop in which case check the shifter cables
Old 08-06-2014, 03:54 AM

Vehicle: 2012 genesis coupe gg

The work was done by my little brother while he was off the clock bit he is willing to fix it I just have to take it back down to where he works. It looks like the bracket with the weight on it is slightly bent. So I am figuring that that is the culprit. That at least takes care of one of the three things. Now I just need to figure out why the steering seems to bind a little and how to flux the body mount bolt in the front on the drivers side. Seems the nut came loose on the inside and there is no opening to get in there to hold it.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

For the steering bind... Loosen the universal joint on the steering column in the engine bay. Wiggle it around a little and re-tighten. Your front subframe had to come out to remove the trans. Sometimes that universal get stretched out a bit and binds. Need to get it to relax so it moves freely.