Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Heat Soaked IC

Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Heat Soaked IC

Does anyone else feel like the factory intercooler gets heat soaked really easy especially when its super hot and muggy outside? Might have to look into a new one but I have no plans to upgrade the turbo any time soon. Would a different IC make a really big difference when it's extremely hot outside?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

There are quite few things you can do. The factory IC is POS. About any other one would be an improvement.

You can also get eh intake manifold ported and heat coated from GrimmSpeed.

The upper radiator hose has a metal fitting that connects the two hoses and bolts to the intake. You can get a silicone one piece hose from Forge, there are others too but make sure it is one hose for the upper radiator not two.

You can open the drivers side fog light bezel for more air to the intake manifold area. Take the front and rear hood seals off too.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:52 AM

Forgot to add there is a phenolic spacer to go between the intake manifold and the head too.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

IC kits are cheap. Spend the $300-400 and get yourself a good kit if you're worried about heat soak.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:16 AM

One thing to check out is the IAT response on your engine. On the Genesis Coupe it is so slow that there is relatively little change as you go through the gears at WOT. I don't know if this is by design or what. If you search for fast acting IAT you will see this i not limited to Hyundai and that there are solutions.

Currently I use an IAT that is from a Triumph 955.

I have a thread about this over at GenCoupe.com.

http://www.gencoupe.com/engine/11036...cting-iat.html