Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

2014 Accent Hatchback

Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 2.0 Automatic
Default 2014 Accent Hatchback

So, after having a 2000 accent, a 2010 Elantra, and my wife driving a 2011 Tucson, I am finding myself in need of a commuter vehicle soon. Naturally, I'm gravitating toward the accent hatchback with a 6 spd manual. Does anyone have any feedback about these cars? The one I've found around me in stock is a 6 spd SE that's fully loaded. I don't need all the extra stuff that the SE comes with, but I'll certainly take it if the price is right. Any input on the new Accent Hatchbacks would be appreciated. Hyundai reliability has been spot on for us from all of our vehicles.

Thanks all, and hopefully I'll pick up this accent hatch, so I can be more active on here!

Scott
Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/accen...iew-pod-anchor
Old 07-19-2014, 09:46 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 2.0 Automatic

I've already looked at pretty much every Internet review I could get my hands on, and nothing came up with a search here. I was hoping some of the members might have a real world experience with this car..
Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I recall seeing info on the platform showing it was almost identical to the MC just a little longer.

With the gamma engine it should be a pretty nice dd. But don't expect anything more than that.

Honestly for the money it wouldn't be my buy this time around. But that's me.

To be fair though our 09 has been great to us, and my 07 was the most economical car I have even driven.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Accent

Just bought the 2014 SE Manual Hatchback. Love it! I wanted the SE for the alloy wheels and bluetooth. I got it for 15.7k OTD due to about 1k in rebates. Well worth it in my opinion. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Might be a bit too late to the party though.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Not a bad price! Enjoy it!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I drove a newer one as a rental in automatic. That transmission isn't horrible but it killed the fun. Id like to try out the stick. However, one thing to test before you buy it is the issue I found and kept me from driving a 6 spd sonata right now (It would have been a better choice for how I am driving now with the genesis).. Shift it fast. Does it make it feel like you don't know how to drive a stick. The newer hyundais will close the throttle plate regardless of what your right foot is doing. My genesis does it but its not that bad; just slows the shift down a bit but it reopens the throttle really fast. The sonata.... not so much. Quick shift and its throttle seemed very slow to reopen making it feel like you just did something dumb. I dont mean bouncing off the rev limiter either. I could see that happening in an attempt to get to speed for a highway. That was a deal breaker along with them not wanting to work with me on anything because the sonata's were new at the time.

On the genesis there area two plugs into the clutch pedal. Undo one at you can't start the car. Undo the other and you will kill that stupid throttle close but lose cruise control and a few have reported an eventual CEL. So even if it does do that - a fix may be present. Unless you have and like CC.