Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

custom groundwire questions

Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Elantra
Default custom groundwire questions

I want to do a custom ground wire kit but wanted to know if any of you know the better places to ground to in the engine bay. From searching around, I've seen a few good places are:

Battery to Strut Mount

Battery to Firewall

Battery to Throttle Body/Intake Manifold

Alternator to Firewall

Alternator to Strut Mount

And that's about it. Where have you guys found to be the best places to ground to?

Oh.. and what's the correct term for the negative battery terminal connector jobby... haha.. yes, that's why I need the correct name!

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

This was a guy from back in the day on ElantraXD that did his own kit the right way. Maybe it will help
Old 04-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There was a big-enough empty spot next to my battery, I ran fat cables from the battery to a power distribution block bolted to a piece of bare metal on the inner fender. Then wires to the rest of the stuff from there. If you're looking to get everything as well-grounded as possible, ground

head

alternator

battery

computer

and whatever else you feel like grounding for kicks if you have more wire.