Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

new member needs help! - idler / O2 codes

Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tuburon RD

acouple of you guys mentioned a leaking throttlebody, aside from checking the spacer for leaks, what other part of the throttlebody would be leaking? someone also mentioned cleaning the idle iac with carb cleaner, isnt that too harsh? how about with maf cleaner?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

carburetor cleaner is what will cut the deposited oil crud in the valve. You can try MAF cleaner first if you have some. The gaskets (or lack of gaskets) are what would leak around the intake manifold and throttle body.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:38 AM

i just found two sensors on the lower left front of the block just behind my header, i wiggled one of the two( car was running) and the car shut off, any idea what that/those two sensors are? thanks again!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 AM

i asked my neighbor about the busted o2 sensor pins location, he said it is under the dash, my question is, is it in the ecu harness or is it its own seperate harness?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

If your idle is really that high I doubt a leaking phenolic is going to allow enough air in to cause that high of an idle surge unless the nuts just flat out arn't tight on the TB or manifold. I ran phenolics under boost and had 0 issues. The only other place is if the butterfly in the TB isn't seating.

It almost sounds like one of the hoses going to your IAC is broken or just off. There's 2 main hoses that are 3/4" diameter iirc that's come out of the IAC(motor between the manifold and firewall). Or that motor is busted internally and is your vacuum leak

One goes to the intake tube on your CAI the other one goes to the manifold. Check both for cracks or just not being attached.

The big issue I'm seeing here is the standalone PCM, do your know what brand it is? And why the F*CK it's on there for an NA setup? Do you have the program to log and tune it?

The o2 pin could be in the harness off the sensor or the main harness going to the PCM, but once again...standalone

Did the auto to manual swap just get completed? Like the other day and now these problems started?

The sensors I believe you are referring to behind the header are crank position sensor and I think the other ones oil pressure(not positive)
Old 04-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

<little shark> please refrain from quoting the last post. Scroll down and use the Fast Reply or Add Reply functions instead.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 AM

the stand alone is not installed, it has the factory ecu(sorry for the misunderstanding)there are tunes on it, i want to install it but want to fix the o2 and other issues before i install it. i bought the car with the swap already done. the problem is that it still has the auto ecu, not the manual ecu, my friend i bought it from said something about a piggyback for the harness. i replaced the tubes on the iac, in doing so i started checking all the sensors with the car running, i got to the crank sensor, wiggled the wire and the car shut off(replacing that), every so often the car will have a hiccup while driving, are the wiring harnesses expensive and hard to replace? thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 AM

the stand alone pcu is unknown, but there are numbers, 047LHD,3900-20231, p63,
Old 04-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

The RD ECM runs the engine only, there is a separate controller for the automatic transmission. There is no need to replace the whole harness, just replace the end if it is damaged. It is also possible that the hole where the crank sensor mounts is a little rusty, or the sensor is not mounted securely. Clean the hole out, clean off the sensor and make sure it's bolted down snug. Test again before touching the wires, unless the wires are obviously bad - in which case clean out the sensor hole anyway.