Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

'97 RD Hazard Switch Electrical Wiring Diagram

Old 03-15-2014, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Default '97 RD Hazard Switch Electrical Wiring Diagram

Anyone know where I can find it? I've searched multiple forums and checked NewtonNet but, I can't find anything on the subject.

What I'm looking for exactly is this, but for the hazard (emergency flasher) switch connector itself.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Anybody?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Your post reads as if you found what you want, but you don't want what you found. Please rephrase your question in the form of a question.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 PM

I apologize for that. I worded it incorrectly lol. I'm looking for that type of diagram for the electrical connector for the hazard (emergency flasher) switch. The one I posted is of steering wheel multi-function switch. (Indicators, headlights, windshield wipers, etc.) I hope that clears up the confusion.

Like I said, any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

It would be surprising to me if it's not just a dead switch. power switched through a relay to ground. Off the top of my head for something like that, one pin should be grounded on the car-side connector, and the other would be hot. I don't have the oh-fishul data here at the moment.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 PM

I've tried figuring it out myself, to no avail. From what I've found, and I'm not certain, the turn signal switch is actually grounded through the hazard switch. I do know that without it, they do not work. Like I said though, I'm unsure but that's the way it appears to me.

The reason I'm trying to figure it out, I'm missing the switch itself. I have it ordered but, I'm wanting to modify it. I'm mounting a tablet using the hole that's left without the switch and then using a bluetooth enabled arduino to control the switch from the tablet.

A bit of a longshot, and very confusing I know. Do you think that would be something in a service manual or haynes manual? If not, I guess the only other option would be to trace down the connections myself.

Edit: I forgot to mention; Just using a simple hot/ground tester, there are 5 grounds and 2 hots. To make matters more confusing lol.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

This is for a 2000, which is all I've got and should be similar to a 97. Be sure to verify with a meter before energizing the circuits! This is in the Shop manual, Body Electrical System > Courtesy & Trunk Lamps > Flasher Unit > INSPECTION OF COMPONENTS section