Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

wheel adapters

Old 02-23-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door
Default wheel adapters

if there's one big gripe about hyundai back during the 90's is that almost all the cars in their lineup used the 4x114 lug pattern with a pretty beefy hub bore and captive rotors.

but my focus is on the hub bore, if anyone wanted to swap wheels of a certain style, width, offset or in my favorite topic..Lightness. OE Factory 4x114 wheels from other makes can fit but the hub bore of the hyundai or most mitsubishi's limits what you can and can't put on the vehicle without some sort of modification.

4x100 is the reason why i probably had 5 sets of wheels on my beta lc before i sold it, and the NB miata wheels look great on floyds accents.

so the soon to be debated solution i chose is wheel adapters that bolt on to the native 4x114 with a fat 77mm hub bore "yes it non-hub-centric" that converts to 4x100,

As much as there's stuff about non-hub centric wheels causing vibration, i've had fat fives, sunflowers and DA wheels on my LC even though the hub bore was 2mm overlapping the hub..from 54.1 to 56.1 and never had shimmy or vibration issues at highway speeds cause i balance and tighten them with care

the adapters have a 1.25inch thickness, and the wheels i'm planning to put have a offset of 45 and are 14x5.5 with 185-60-14 summer treads, i chose the 14 route cause the "wheels" are 12 LBs each for unsprung weight and braking & acceleration.

so has anyone tried adapters or is aftermarket mag the way to go? i just like factory rims cause they're relatively inexpensive and i can use my factory lugs.