Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Beta I (01 Tiburon) to 99 Accent swap?

Old 12-31-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Beta I (01 Tiburon) to 99 Accent swap?

Last summer my son picked up a really nice 99 Accent (except for the automatic which was working fine at the time. It made the trip from Arizona but I think that put the trans on it's last legs). It's a nice west coast car, black on black and pretty much spotless on the bodywork, interior and rust issues.

I have a 2001 Tiburon that has a great engine/trans (5 speed manual) but the body is rusting out so bad that the local mechanic won't put it up on his rack anymore. Our thought here is to transplant the engine/trans from the 01 Tiburon into the 99 Accent. How doable is this and has anyone done this already? Advice/warnings? Is there a previous thread that someone can point me to?

thanks

David
Old 12-31-2013, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Search (top right corner of site)- BETA SWAP ACCENT

The are lots of threads about the subject, some quite detailed. It is a VERY common swap that has been done many times before.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Originally Posted by pas1216
Search (top right corner of site)- BETA SWAP ACCENT

The are lots of threads about the subject, some quite detailed. It is a VERY common swap that has been done many times before.

Thanks!