Hyundai Santa Fe Forum The Hyundai Santa Fe Forum. Hyundai's Sport Utility Vehicle discussions here such as the Santa Fe, Tuscon, and Veracruz! Learn what makes these great cross overs and SUV's one of the favorites amongst Hyundai owners.

New comer and might have a sale.....

Old 12-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Santa Fe
Default New comer and might have a sale.....

Hey ya'll!

I am new on this website, and it seems really cool!

I have a set of headlights that are made for a 2001-2003 Santa Fe. I bought them for 500.00 and the person that wants me to send it back wants me to fork out more money, For what? restocking fee and overnight shipping. I told the gentleman I am keeping it and is going to let someone else buy it from me. So my goal is: I want to see if Hyundai here in Utah would accept the trade for these and a pair of 2004 headlights for me, or if Interstate would do that as well. If not, I am willing to ship these new set of headlights, that's never been installed on my Santa Fe. I am looking at 250.00 for both including bulbs. They are brand new. They do fit on the 2004, the only thing that doesn't fit is the square harness. Until the person I bought it from said that it was for a 2001-2003 Santa Fe. Which I felt was false advertisement. I have the OEM # for the headlights.

If you are interested, I'll be happy to work something out with you.

Respectfully Yours,

DragonBoi
Old 12-29-2013, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

so instead of getting your money back, minus restocking/shipping fee. You would rather sell them for half price?

Post up some pictures because something doesn't sound right...
Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Santa Fe

Yes I am selling them for a lot cheaper. Think twice because If I say I am selling them for 500.00, are you willing to buy them now? Would you comment and say, that's too high! Or would you rather try to make me drop the price down more and more, like trying to convince me to drop the price down more and more because you don't have the money? Do you think I can come up with ANOTHER 250.00 for restocking fee? All this money I have saved up was being saved up for a while due to limited income and bills. Are you saying this is a bad idea? I am happy to reconsider the price: $500.00 instead of 250.00. Is that what you want me to do? Or is this my discussion to decide what is best for everyone? If I do the math right, I would only get 150-200 bucks back. And no I am not willing to send more money back when I really don't have it.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If they want to charge a 50% restocking fee, that's their prerogative

If a seller wants to give that loss to a fellow enthusiast rather than let the company have it AND have the parts, that's his prerogative

If an interested party wants to offer a lowball price, that's their prerogative

Free markets, you know.