Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Poly Engine mounts

Old 11-19-2013, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Poly Engine mounts

Looking for some recommendations here. In need of engine mounts ASAP. My rear lower mount has completely broken and I have to get it fix, like, yesterday.

I'd rather not spend the time and money on an OEM now if I'm just going to go poly in a few months. Just makes this opportune but I wont have time to do a DIY, I need something I can buy and receive overnight.

The only mounts I know I can purchase are these:

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/b...cate=010904000

All things considered buying from SR is not an option this time. Does anyone know of another option?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Yes, remove your support brace from under your car with both front and rear mounts attached. Take it to a welder and have them weld the mounts solid using 1/4" thick steel discs. Should cost you well under $100 and you'll have a much better feel than poly. Wish I did this first before wasting my money on the poly's.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

agreed
Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

For an ASAP fix, get a couple of tubes of regular silicone (or the much-loved windo-weld) and fill the busted stock mount. It'll last until you figure out what you want for a permanent fix.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Sadly that's not going to be an option this week. I have a job interview on Thursday that could potentially double my current salary and give me back a 9-5 shift, so it has to be done tomorrow. I called a shop I trust locally and they're going to install an OEM tomorrow morning. I'll take the originals over to my tuner when I get the exhaust fabbed in spring and have him weld on the supports to make it solid. Just not in the card right now as I can't afford my typical "let me just fix this as well, while I'm here" down time. I know me, I can't be trusted.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Poly mounts from your original post are on my car and they produce major vibration. If you don't need that performance level or want to deal with that then stick with the stock rubber ones.