Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Power locks

Old 11-09-2013, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Power locks

I never considered my Tib to have power locks, but I'm guessing this was Hyundai's idea.

Sometimes, and elaborate further later, the passenger door un/locks with drivers door actuation. This used to be a feature that stopped working when it started getting cold late fall prior to the Tib being shelved temporarily. Since being back on the road I noticed that that option hasn't been working at all, and I just figured the solenoid had given up. But just the other day it began working again. So it's revered seasons on me. Has anyone seen this before? Is this really Hyundai's version of "power locks?" (No buttons on the door aside from the lever. Not that there really need to be, just the standard idea.) I'm trying to get an idea of how to approach this before I just start ripping the door apart.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

'central locking' instead of 'remote central locking', I'm guessing.

Not sure about the tib, but X3s commonly had this, but it was actually a dealer install. They usually did a heinously bad job of it as well. A guy on my local forum said that the solenoids get killed all the time because the voltage they receive isn't regulated, so the coils get burnt out after X cycles, from the death of a thousand cuts. Or arcs in this case.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

My passanger side door lock actuator motor actually broke so I found one from a junkyard hyundai station wagon and tossed it in and after minor adjustments I got my power locks working again. It sucked when I first pulled it out cuz I kept forgetting to lock the passanger door when it was unlocked cuz I was so used to the power locks.